My stress level has been a bit on the high side lately. I'm not really sure why although I think it has to do with four things 1) the school year is winding down for Wesley which means the PTA involvement is gearing up. We have two major events coming up in the next couple of weeks and I am helping with them both - not to mention a couple of side projects for the school as well. I love doing it and feel very strongly that I need to be doing it, but it does create stress 2) we are getting ready to put our house back up on the market, which means house projects 3) the summer looks like it might be a little crazy and I can't stop obsessing about it and 4) I am over my magic number of accrued vacation hours, which usually means I'm stressing at work too.
So to sum it up, I've been a little ball of stress. Fortunately, yesterday had the remedy to stress - physical labor and a night out with some of my besties.
My sainted father and stepmother came down yesterday to help me paint the dining room and living room. These folks are pros! With their help, we got two rooms completely painted (2 coats each) and the place is looking good. I cannot put into words how much their help meant to me. I love them both so very much and things like this.....well, it's just icing on the cake. They are amazing and kept me sane through the whole process.
But the best part of all was going out with my girlfriends last night. Kate and Danna and I all used to work together and our kids are just about the same age. These are two of the ladies who know me best. They are the girlfriends I can confess all to, laugh with, cry to, and just be myself. Our night was going to be cheap Mexican food and margaritas, but we ended up going to a nice restaurant with excellent food and excellent martini. And it was perfect. I was so happy last night being just me, just one of the girls. It makes me wish we could get together more often, but when you take 3 moms who work full time + 5 kids between us, it = grab the opportunities when you can (and when your amazing hubby is willing to watch 4 of the 5 kids so you can have a girls night)
So today I feel better than I have in ages. More relaxed, more in control and generally happier. And I thank God for putting such fabulous people in my life. You all mean the world to me!
2 comments:
Isn't it amazing what a little "me" time can do to make you feel better. I'm glad you got houe spojects done and had a good time with the girls. Let em know when I can come over with some plants. :-)
and sorry about the atrocious spelling!
Post a Comment