Ryan is kind of a granola bar fiend. He doesn't eat them all them time, but when he does eat them, it's usually two or more at a sitting.
Duane bought a fresh box of granola bars at the grocery store this week. The box was sitting on the counter next to the Pop Tarts so Ryan could pick what he wanted for breakfast (and lest you think I'm only feeding my child junk, homemade pancakes and toast are also daily options.) Ryan noticed the granola bars immediately grabbed the box and proceeded to open it. It was a multi-flavor pack, so Ryan took one of each flavor out of the box and put them on his plate.
I helped him open one and explained we would open the next one if he was still hungry after finishing the first. Well, he plowed through the first bar and we opened the second. He make short work of that one too and when there was about 2 bites of it left, he asked me to open the third. I opened it, but reminded him that he needed to finish the one he was eating before he could start on the next.
Ryan looked at the newly opened granola bar, looked at me, then proceeded to lick the entire bar before putting it back on the plate and finishing the bar he was eating!! It was like he was making sure I wouldn't take the newly opened bar before he finished the one he was working on! And he laughed about it, so this kid knew what he was doing!!!
I now know better than to sneak food off Ryan's plate!
No comments:
Post a Comment