Actually, "they" are any pajamas that come in contact with Ryan's little body and they are all his.
Wesley has always had his little quirks. He used to line up crayons in a row as he used them and would not repeat a color until all had been used. He used to only do his alphabet puzzle in ABC order. He is currently obsessed with animals AND the alphabet AND making books. Every game he makes up now includes animals in alphabetical order.
But all those things seem totally normal compared to Ryan's latest obsession - his pajamas. Some of you may remember the morning that I let Ryan go to Grandma and Grandpa's while in his jammie because he threw such a fit. He stayed in his jammies almost all day because any time someone tried to put clothes on him, he would erupt into a temper tantrum of epic proportions.
That little scene repeated (in reverse) on July 3rd. We put him in his jammies and he threw a fit because he wanted his outfit. He even dug his dirty outfit out of the laundry and slept with it.
This morning we had another jammie episode where Ryan didn't want to get dressed. I forced him into his outfit, but he refused to leave his room until he had dug through the laundry for the pajamas I had just taken off him. He even tried to put them on over his clothes! Finally, he was content to just carry them around until it was time to leave.
So what is it about the clothes and jammies? I have never heard of a child with this particular obsession. I mean, it's not like it's a certain pair of jammies he's in love with - it's any of them. Any of you have kids with quirks?
No comments:
Post a Comment