Grandma H. brought the boys up to the library today while I was working. I popped into the children's department to visit for a few minutes and got a good look at the argument for birth order personality traits. Ryan acted EXACTLY like a little brother, even when his big brother was at the computer minding his own buisness.
Ryan was playing contentedly in the story time room. He was having a lot of fun going in and out of the little cottage there. At one point he put Bobo and a book inside the cottage, shut the door and walked away. A minute later another two year old boy headed towards the cottage. Ryan flew to the cottage door crying, "No! Bobo!" Once at the cottage, Ryan slipped in the door and held it shut so the other child couldn't enter. "Ryan's turn! Ryan's turn!" he said.
A little bit later the same boy wanted something else Ryan had. "First. First," was Ryan's reply.
Although some of it could be the fact that Ryan turns two next week, I think a lot of it is because he has a big brother. They fight over everything and we are always saying so and so had it first or that they have to take turns. Ryan is generally pretty easy going, but he's learning to stand up for what he wants (sounds better than fight for it) and he doesn't give in easily. I should know, I'm a little sibling too!
No comments:
Post a Comment