The whole family slept in until about 8:30. I guess that's what happens when you let the kids stay up until 11:00 (Ryan) and 12:00 (Wesley). It was pretty nice for a change. We decided to get ready for the day and hit a farmer's market, then the pool.
We got to the farmer's market at a good time and even found a good parking spot. I got almost everything I wanted - white colby cheese, culinary lavender, a treat for the boys. Unfortunately the vendor I wanted to buy all beef natural casing hot dogs from was sold out, but I can get those another day. The main problem at the farmer's market was Wesley. I don't know what is going on with him, but the last couple of weeks he has felt the need to test us ever waking second of the day and the farmer's market was no exception. He's darn lucky he got out of there without a bruised behind! So, although I got most of what I needed, I also got a stressful trip instead of nice, relaxing time.
We stopped by Grandma's to drop off the perishable stuff from the market and then decided to go to Northstar for lunch before going to the pool. Unfortunately, we got to the restaurant and they were only serving brunch. Thank goodness my boys love pancakes at any time of the day or night, so that was a disaster avoided.


We finally made it to the pool and got to swim for about 10 minutes before rest period. We waited out rest period and got back into the pool. After about 20 minutes, the life guards blew the whistles and ordered everyone out of the pool. Turns out there was an "unfortunate incident" (read: someone pooped or puked in the water) and everyone had to get out of the water for 45 minutes while they cleaned and chemical-ed the water. UGH! There was no way we were going to sit there with the kids for 45 minutes, so we got dressed to leave.
There was a Red Cross van in the parking lot for a blood drive. There was about 1/2 hour left of the drive, so Duane and I thought we'd see if they could squeeze us in (and pray the boys behaved). I am sad to report that there was no squeezing needed to get us in at the Red Cross van. They had been there all morning and into the afternoon and had only had 9 people come in to donate!!! I'm so glad we stopped. The boys were pretty good while we gave blood. Wesley actually sat on my lap while I gave. I think the snacks that the technician gave them probably helped too.
Now, I haven't given blood in a while and I have lost a bit of weight, but I didn't figure I'd have any trouble. I mean, I never have any other time I have given blood. But by the time we got back to Grandma's to pick up our things (about 5 minutes away) I felt VERY ill. I went inside and hit the couch for a while. Grandma asked us to stay for dinner which was lovely. And I finally felt better after I ate.
So now we're back home, getting the kids ready for bed at a real bedtime, doing laundry and catching up on the blog. Like I said, it wasn't exactly the day I planned, but it wasn't bad at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment