Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Don't Touch That Dial!

I've been writing this post in my head since Monday afternoon and I'm just now getting around to writing it. Monday night I was in single parent mode since Duane had some kind of ick. And I came down with the ick yesterday and am just now starting to feel human.

Ok, so back to the post. Monday afternoon I was driving along, singing along with the radio, when I went over a bump. Big deal, right? Central Ohio has TONS of bumps and potholes. This bump apparently had magic powers though because it caused my radio to quit working. No power at all. We've checked the fuses, but no way we'd get that lucky and have an easy fix. Grrrrr....guess it's time to return all those audio books.

Now I know that a working CD player/radio in a car really is a luxury. The car works fine. It's not like I can't drive it, but it is so annoying not to have my radio! Of course, despite the fact that I know the thing doesn't work, I immediately try to turn it on the second I get into the car. It's like I think it will have magically healed itself.

I'm pretty sure the boys wish it would magically heal itself too. Once I get them buckled in and I try (unsuccessfully) to turn on the radio, the boys start asking for their music. "Fee Fer" which is what Ryan calls "Phineas and Ferb" or "Sugar Free All Stars" or whatever they are in the mood for and I have to say no to all of it.

At least Wesley kind of understands that the radio is broken and that I can't do anything about it right now. His solution is to sing the entire time we are in the car. That wouldn't be quite so annoying if he sang anything other than animal ABC songs. First we had the Animal ABC song, then the Jungle Animal ABC song, then the Pet ABC song. I thought things were getting better when he said it was time for the song "Let's Climb the Eiffel Tower." Too bad it was a song about a bunch of animals climbing the Eiffel Tower in alphabetical order.

I have got to make an appointment to get my radio fixed!!

No comments: