Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mommy Olympics

There are some mornings when getting out the door feels more like an Olympic sport than any kind of routine. Today was one of those mornings. I overslept by 40 minutes!! I almost never oversleep and of course the one day I did was a day that I have to leave the house by 7:15.

By some miracle, I made it out the door on time with both kids, the diaper bag, Wesley's bag for safety city, my work stuff, my purse, milk for the boys, my coffee and breakfast, my lunch, my keys and my sunglasses. Yes, my clothes were a bit rumpled and yes, my hair was a bit flat, but I made it! I nearly gave myself a gold medal!

Why only nearly? Because I spilled coffee on my shirt while I was in the car. That's ok, I'll settle for the bronze.

No comments: