Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wild Wesley

A few weeks ago Wesley told me that he'd like to be a zoo keeper when he grew up. I can totally see him doing that because he is obsessed with animals. So today, I bring you two animal/Wesley stories.

We went to the park last night and spent a little time feeding the ducks and fish. Wesley was trying to call the ducks over by saying "Ducky! Come here ducky!" After a minute he said, "Maybe they only speak duck" and began quacking at them instead.

Wesley was on the couch trying to stay awake until his bedtime the other night. Out of the blue (at least to me) he asked, "Why are chameleons the only animals that change colors?" One thing I've learned as a librarian is that it's better to admit you don't know and find someone who does instead of give bad or incomplete information. I told Wesley I didn't know why

"Maybe a zoo keeper would know," Wesley said.

"I bet a zoo keeper would know," I answered. "We can ask one the next time we go to the zoo."

"Yeah, we can ask Jungle Jack," was Wesley's reply.

I told him that Jungle Jack is very busy and might not be at the zoo the next time we go, so Wesley decided that we could ask another zoo keeper if we needed to. I would bet money that he will remember to ask his question the next time we are at the zoo.

No comments: