Bed in Summer
Source: A Child's Garden of Verses
I have always loved the above poem. I remember reading it when I was a little girl and loving it then too - even though I don't remember ever having to go to bed when it was light out.
We've been letting the boys stay up a bit later these days. Of course, that has less to do with it being summer and more to do with me off work for a few days here and there. They've been having a great time catching fireflies (Wesley has been using a toy fish net as a bug catcher) and running around the yard in their pajamas. The other night I put Wesley to bed at his regular time, but the sun hadn't quite set.
"Mom," he whined. "I can't go to bed yet! The sun is keeping me awake!"
Maybe I should share that poem with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment