Saturday, June 05, 2010

Initiation

Today was a day for the W. family history books (or blog as the case may be). It's a day to be celebrated! What happened that is causing such excitement? Did Ryan wake up potty trained? Did Wesley get an early acceptance letter to an Ivy League school? Nope! Even better! The boys made their Midwestern status official today by having lunch from......

Yep! It was sliders at the W. household today. Duane and my dad have been working on finishing the door and The Castle is just down the street. Mmmm....I can't remember the last time I had a slider/gut grenade/belly bomb. I ate two and shared a milkshake with the boys and I was in steamed burger and onion heaven.

Contrary to what the above picture looks like, Ryan did not eat five sliders. He ate one and a chicken ring and a few fries and some milkshake. However, he really liked to play with the boxes and if you asked how many hamburgers he ate, he'd count the boxes and proudly announce, "Four!"


Wesley did not have any sliders, but he did eat an entire order of chicken rings, so I guess we'll let him into the club. He was so proud of himself for trying a "new" food, but let's be honest, a chicken nugget is a chicken nugget is a chicken nugget. Hey, didn't Shakespeare say that? Or maybe it was Colonel Sanders?

No comments: