Grandma and Grandpa P. are on vacation this week and next week, so I took a few days off here and there too. It's almost like I'm having a bit of summer vacation myself.
Today I took the boys to the community center pool. I was a little nervous about handling them both, but we did great. They both listen really well when I tell them to stay in a certain part of the pool. Wesley is working on putting his face in the water. Somehow he manages to get his entire head under except for his eyes and nose, but that's a big improvement from last year.
Ryan is pretty fearless at the pool. He insisted he could walk out farther than he actually could and he kept inadvertently dunking himself. It didn't really phase him. I'd yank him upright and he'd spend a moment coughing, but then he would be raring to go again. His favorite thing to do today was stand on the side of the pool and count "three, two, one blastoff" then jump into my arms.
This evening Grandma H. and I took the boys to see Nick Jr.'s Storytime Live. It was a lot of fun. Wesley says he didn't like it, but you wouldn't have known that if you had watched him during the show! I think he was just getting tired. Ryan REALLY liked it! At the end of the show he ran up the aisle and started clapping! Grandma said that was the highlight of her evening.
Sorry for a kind of short and dull post, but I am one tired mommy and I'm heading to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment