Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Spoken Like a Big Brother

Before I start today's story, I feel like I need a bit of disclaimer. This is another story that takes place in a car. I know, I know. I can't help it that we drive a lot.

Anyhow, yesterday Ryan fell asleep on the way to Grandma and Grandpa P.'s. He never does that. Poor little guy must have been really worn out from the weekend. We had just pulled into Grandma and Grandpa's neighborhood when Wesley said gleefully, "Hey Mom! Let's say all the reasons we don't like Ryan!"

"What!? No!" was my response.

"Awww, why not?" Wesley asked.

"Because I love Ryan," I answered.

"Well, I know a time you don't like Ryan. You don't like him when he pulls the cushions off the couch."

That led to the mommy speech about how you can love someone but not like the way they are acting or something that they do. I'm not sure Wesley "got it" though. Especially since I witnessed him giving Ryan and empty candy wrapper after dinner and saying, "You didn't eat your dinner so you don't get dessert. But I gave you the paper!"

No comments: