
Most of you know that Duane and I are hoping to move pretty soon (like within the next year) and to have our house up on the market this summer. I have a list of things I'd like a new house to include - aside from being in a decent school district. I'd like a dishwasher, a basement that is finished/could be finished and that you don't have to go outside to get to, a yard and garage. Oh, PLEASE let me have a garage.
Just getting the boys out of the house and into the van on a wet and cold morning like this is a major endeavor. I got the raincoats on the boys. Wesley wanted his rain boots on, his hood up and no umbrella. Ryan wanted shoes - not boots, no hood, but yes to the umbrella.Even though I had already taken the diaper bag, my work bag and Wesley's preschool book bag out to the car, I still had my purse, my coffee and my umbrella to carry. Plus Ryan's Bobo monkey and his sippy cup in my pocket.
We managed to get out of the door onto the porch. I juggled things to lock the door and opened my umbrella and Ryan's umbrella. And the little stinker would not hold his umbrella!!! He wanted it over his head, but he wanted me to hold it. Now the last big rain we had, he took my umbrella and walked with it just fine, so I know he was capable, he just didn't want to. I left him and his umbrella on the porch while Wesley and I dashed through the heavy rain to the car. I got him in, put my coffee in the cup holder and my purse on the seat, tossed Ryan's Bobo on his seat and then went back to retrieve Ryan.
Somehow I ended up with an umbrella in each hand and coaxing Ryan down the steps, through the rain and to the van. Then I wedged my umbrella in the sliding door so I wouldn't get soaked while buckling him in, getting his cup and his Bobo for the ride. Only then could I get into the van myself and assess how wet I had really gotten through all this.
I REALLY want a garage.
Just getting the boys out of the house and into the van on a wet and cold morning like this is a major endeavor. I got the raincoats on the boys. Wesley wanted his rain boots on, his hood up and no umbrella. Ryan wanted shoes - not boots, no hood, but yes to the umbrella.Even though I had already taken the diaper bag, my work bag and Wesley's preschool book bag out to the car, I still had my purse, my coffee and my umbrella to carry. Plus Ryan's Bobo monkey and his sippy cup in my pocket.
We managed to get out of the door onto the porch. I juggled things to lock the door and opened my umbrella and Ryan's umbrella. And the little stinker would not hold his umbrella!!! He wanted it over his head, but he wanted me to hold it. Now the last big rain we had, he took my umbrella and walked with it just fine, so I know he was capable, he just didn't want to. I left him and his umbrella on the porch while Wesley and I dashed through the heavy rain to the car. I got him in, put my coffee in the cup holder and my purse on the seat, tossed Ryan's Bobo on his seat and then went back to retrieve Ryan.
Somehow I ended up with an umbrella in each hand and coaxing Ryan down the steps, through the rain and to the van. Then I wedged my umbrella in the sliding door so I wouldn't get soaked while buckling him in, getting his cup and his Bobo for the ride. Only then could I get into the van myself and assess how wet I had really gotten through all this.
I REALLY want a garage.
No comments:
Post a Comment