Thursday, May 13, 2010

Circus Time

We just returned from a night at the circus with Grandma and Grandpa P. We had a great time! Wesley was so excited to go - he talked about it all day. Want proof of his excitement? Check out him and Daddy while we were walking into the arena.


Ryan wasn't real sure what to think - as evidenced by this picture.

Once we were inside, both boys could tell something special was about to happen. We let each of them pick something out at the souvenir stand. Wesley picked a pack of little plastic animals (no surprise there). Ryan was a bit overwhelmed, so we picked a light up toy for him. Based on the picture below, I think we made the right choice.

Wesley inhaled a bag of cotton candy, and since Ryan wouldn't try it, I let him drink my soda. I figured it wasn't possibly any worse for him than the spun sugar. Although I did try to take it away from him once and he screamed so loudly that everyone around us turned to look. I didn't try to take it again!

I wish I had been able to capture some pictures of how enthralled Ryan was during the show. He clapped and jumped up and down and barely took his eyes off the performers the entire time. Wesley was most taken with the animals. We saw zebras, horses, dogs, elephants and tigers. I think the whole thing could have been animals and Wesley would have been just fine!

You know, as great as the show was, nothing compared to sitting there watching the reactions that Wesley and Ryan had. I guess that's just one more sign that I really am a parent - along with the cheerios and raisins on the floor of my mini-van!

No comments: