Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Couch Time Conversations

Wesley and I have been having some pretty interesting conversations on the couch lately.

Wesley: I want to be with you all the time every day, Mommy.

Mommy: I wish I could be with you all the time too.

Wesley: When I have to go to Grandma H.'s I will ask her to bring me to the library to see you.

Mommy: That would be nice. I love it when you come see me.

Wesley: But what about when I'm at Grandpa P.'s?

Mommy: Well, you could call me on the phone.

Wesley: Yes! I could call you on the phone! Unless I'm busy being a cat.

Lest you think all of our exchanges are sweet. Check out the conversation that immediately followed the one above.

Wesley: Mommy, why don't you ever let me drive?

Mommy: You aren't old enough to drive, Wesley. Mommy would get in VERY big trouble if I let you drive. You can't drive until you are 16 years old.

Wesley: But I'm only 4 years old. I've been 4 forever!

Mommy: You'll be 5 soon.

Wesley: And then can I drive?!

Mommy: Tell you what. You learn how to ride your bike first - then we'll worry about teaching you to drive.

Wesley: But my bike is too tall.

Mommy: But the car is taller. Hey, guess how old Mommy is?

Wesley: How old?

Mommy: 36!

Wesley: So you can drive!!!!

Talk about a one track mind!

No comments: