So far today has NOT been the kind of day that Mother's Day cards are written about. I am in a super big cranky funk and I cannot seem to shake it. Ryan got me up at 6:30 this morning. Fun, right. I have to work today. I got the gift I wanted, but for some reason it rubbed me the wrong way. I've been crying and basically feel like a blob. Great Mother's Day, huh?
The worst part is, I am fully aware of the fact that I'm acting like a brat. I have two wonderful boys, a hubby that loves me, a terrific mom, a great step-mom and I love my mother-in-law. I have lots of wonderful women in my life and instead of celebrating all this, I feel like spitting nails. Right now if I could have my wish it would be to lock myself in the bathroom with a bottle of bubble bath and a stack of books and not come out. Not very festive, I know. I just don't feel like today is a very festive day.
On the up side, Wesley did give me a bookmark he made and rock he painted. I cried when I opened them, but at least they were happy tears.
1 comment:
Add a bottle of wine to that wish list in the bathroom. I'm wishin' the same, sister.
Post a Comment