Thursday, August 07, 2008

Warning: Mommy on the Edge

It's taken two weeks, but Mommy has finally been driven to the edge. Ryan has been screaming for the last 20 minutes and isn't happy unless he's being walked around (which Duane is doing right now so I can have a few minutes to vent and drink a cup of the hard stuff - decaf with skim milk and Splenda.) I could probably handle the screaming baby better if Wesley wasn't being...well, I know he's just being an almost three year old who is dealing with a new baby brother coming into the house. I've heard nothing but "Mommy. Mommy. Mommy" all day. And Wesley's either screaming at me or wanting to be in my lap and cuddled and the bipolar toddler thing is getting old fast. Plus we're trying to plan Wesley's birthday celebration, which adds a whole other kind of stress.

To try and counteract some of the frustration I'm feeling, here are a couple of cute Wesley stories.

.... Apparently we have had plenty of visitors the last couple of weeks. Wesley keeps asking me who is coming over tonight.

... Wesley turned to me, put his hand on his forehead and announced, "I'm ready for my close-up!" Ruby on Max & Ruby says this.

... Wesley chose to have a lollipop after dinner tonight. The one I pulled out of the bag happened to be butterscotch - a flavor he's never had before. Wesley is VERY impressed with it. After loudly saying, "mmmmmm" after the first lick, he asked me what kind it was called. Then he asked me if I wanted to taste it. Then he decided that "Butterscotch is my favorite!"

OK, I'm doing a little better now. I don't feel like I'm ready to jump off the roof anymore. Who knew blogging was so therapeutic?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am not sure if I can keep reading your blog with posts like this. Its going to totally freak me out. Its messing with my "I can do this!" mantra.

Heather said...

Hey - It took me two weeks to get to this point. And a good night's sleep last night helped me feel like I'm ready to take on the world today. It'll all be fine - for both of us.