Sunday, August 10, 2008

Little Victories

It's been a day of little victories in the W. household. After a restless night (Ryan didn't want to sleep so he and Duane ended up downstairs and Wesley had nightmares and I had to pump several times) I decided that little victories are definitely worth celebrating! The first little victory is that I wore a pre-pregnancy dress today!!! Now, before anyone starts hating on me too much, it's a dress that was a bit too big on me before and it doesn't have any zippers or buttons. However, it's the first non-maternity item other t-shirts that I've worn in MONTHS, so I'm going to count it!

The next little victory is that we made it to church today - no small feat with sleep deprived parents, an almost three year old and a 17 day old. We had to run the gauntlet to get into the service because everyone wanted to coo over Ryan. BTW, we attend a rather gray church (there is only one other couple our age that we know of) so our boys have lots of unofficial grandparents. However, I think my favorite moment was when Johnny saw us walk in. He very abruptly stopped playing the piano and hurried over for hugs of congratulations and to coo over Ryan. He even had me present the "newest member" to the congregation during announcements!

The final little victory of the day (at least thus far) is a family walk - two blocks each way - to a small branch library near our house. I knew the library would be closed, but I had overdue books (I know, bad librarian. At least I don't pay fines) and I wanted to put them in the book drop. The boys both rode in the stroller and Wesley kept an eye out for any sharks that might be following us. Have I mentioned that Wesley has a fantastic imagination.

Now if only Wesley and Ryan would both nap at the same time so Duane and I could nap too. But since Wesley has only taken naps 3 days since Ryan has been born, I won't hold my breath. If it happened it would be a MAJOR victory!

No comments: