Sunday, August 17, 2008

Kicking Myself

Wesley has a new phrase he uses to express his frustration with me. When he's annoyed at Mommy he says, "Oh Mom, go kick yourself over." What?!? I have no idea where this little phrase came from. But what kills me is the tone of voice he uses when he says it - exactly like a disgusted teenager! You can almost hear the eye-roll. Oh well, it's a lot better than many other phrases I've heard kids his age use and he does need a way to express what he's feeling.

This morning I was told to go kick myself over when I told Wesley he could not have computer time until after breakfast. I am learning the power of computer time. Wesley won't eat? No computer time until he does. Wesley won't get dressed? No computer time until he does. Wesley throws a fit about something? Lose computer time. I'm thinking about really testing the power of the computer tonight - no computer time until he takes a bite of something new. I doubt it will work, but I have to try it! The worst that can happen is I'll hear "Oh Mom, go kick yourself over!"

No comments: