Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Much Calmer Afternoon

This afternoon has been much better than this morning. Wesley quit whining, Ryan quit crying and Mommy quit wanting to rip all her hair out. What have we been doing? Well, we've passed the afternoon with a variety of things, including art time at the easel. I got out Wesley's finger paints, but he didn't like them. He said they make his hands feel "icky and disgusting," so we just used crayons.

After lunch (Wesley ate great, I scarfed a sandwich while standing at the counter) we joined Ryan for some time on the play gym. Wesley saw me playing with Ryan with the toys and kissing the little boy's belly, and he wanted to join in.


Once that excitement was done, Wesley spent some time on the computer while Ryan and I stretched out on the couch. Wesley got "Jumpstart Preschool" yesterday and is so good at it!! He typed his name into the right space and has mastered every activity at the hardest level. Guess we'll have to go buy the Kindergarten one. I have to admit, that makes me really happy since I had to call the preschool today and let them know that Wesley will not be attending when the fall session starts. The darn kid won't potty train! Oh well, I circled some fun stuff going on at the Metro Parks, Zoo and the local rec. centers. He won't be bored.

Right now, Wesley is playing with some play-dough at his little table. That's much better than a few minutes ago when he was playing with his little dinosaurs - on top of his baby brother. Apparently Ryan was acting out the part of the hill the dinosaurs were climbing. I kept telling Wesley to leave his brother alone, that he was sleeping. As soon as I said that a dinosaur ran over Ryan's face. Wesley innocently said, "No, Mom. He's awake." Go figure.

No comments: