Monday, August 11, 2008

Thank Goodness for Family

I know I have mentioned before how blessed Duane and I are to have our families living so close to us and to be emotionally close to them. Grandma H. comes down nearly every day to help me with the boys. Grandma and Grandpa P. take Wesley to do something fun at least one day a week. Aunt Melissa gives me such wonderful advice and is an angel with Wesley. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Last night Uncle Kirk and Aunt Susan surprised us by bringing dinner over. It was WONDERFUL to see them! Kirk and Wesley get along so well - I love watching them play together. Aunt Susan loves Wesley so much, but I can tell there's a super special place in her heart for Ryan since she was in the delivery room when he was born. She took a ton of pictures of Ryan - so many that Wesley started asking to have his picture taken too, and it's not like she was ignoring him. She got some terrific shots of the two of them. I promise to post some of them when she sends them to me.

It was so nice to be taken care of for an evening. If you had told me 20 years ago that my brother and I would actually enjoy spending time together and that my hubby and I would get along so well with Kirk's wife, I probably would have called you a liar. A good relationship with my brother, my in-laws and the rest of my family is truly a gift from God. We are so blessed.

No comments: