Monday, August 04, 2008

Busy Day

Today was the day Duane went back to work. I have had nightmares about this day, but I don't know why. I knew that Grandma H. was coming down to help me today and thank goodness she did. I didn't get too much accomplished (I wanted to put away some laundry and make the bed), but the day flew by none the less.


Of course, I got the most important thing done. Wesley and I went out to lunch together and took the car for a car seat check all by ourselves. Not that it wasn't a chore to get out of the house. Wesley insisted that he didn't want to go because he was too tired. Grandma and I had to force him into the car. However, once we got going and listening to some music, Wesley did great. We had a good time at lunch and even played ice cream truck during the car seat check. Add a quick trip to the grocery store to pick up milk and you have the most exciting part of my day. It was great to spend a little time with Wesley on our own!


I thought I'd add a totally unrelated picture of Ryan here. His swing is turning into a life saver and today allowed me and Grandma to finish the dishes. I know I'm biased, but isn't he cute!?

1 comment:

Laura said...

Heather... He is totally cute. Just like the big one!

It's awesome that you're getting one on one time with each of your boys. It really is the little things. Nothing that you're doing now is unimportant, even if you're playing ice cream to pass time. It sounds like a good day in all!