As some of you may know, I consider myself something of a foodie. I love trying new foods - there's nothing I won't try once. I enjoy Food Network and my cooking magazines. I love cooking new things too, but sometimes things just don't go as planned. Take tonight for example. Duane and I are both trying to watch our weight, so I picked a recipe from a diet cookbook I have. We have made many recipes out of this cookbook and have almost always been pleased with the results. Not tonight. Tonight I made Fettuccine with Walnut Blue Cheese Sauce, or as Duane called it - wallpaper paste. He managed a few more bites than I did, but we both agreed that it was just not worth eating. I mean, how bad does a meal have to be to throw it out and eat a frozen dinner instead?

On a slightly related note, we had lunch with Grandma H., Sho and Kai at McDonald's today. When Sho and I went to the counter to get Wesley a second milk, the woman working the register nodded at Sho and asked me how old my son was. Kind of cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment