Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Hygiene Help

I could use some advise from any parents reading this. How on earth do you brush a toddler's teeth without it turning into a wrestling match?? Wesley HATES to have his teeth brushed. He runs as soon as he sees his toothbrush and we have to literally hold him down in order to clean his pearly whites. Putting him in a straight jacket would be easier! Duane and I are starting to dread it as much as Wesley! Please help us turn the toothbrush from an instrument of torture to one of oral hygiene!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Here's what we do. We sit Isaac in front of the computer and play the videos on Jack's Big Music SHow site on noggin. We talk about all the animals we are cleaning out from behind his teeth. Sometimes this works and sometimes I have to hold him upside down, under the legs and scrub. We've also brushed all the stuffed toys teeth and then turned to Isaac and say "Isaac's turn."