Friday, March 16, 2007

Wow Wow Wesley

The best thing about being the parent of a toddler is that everyday brings something brand new - a new word, a new discovery - it's magical!!

Today Wesley and I did a lot of errands. He got a haircut, then I dragged him to Target and Old Navy. I desperately wanted some spring clothes, so I bought a couple of things without trying them on (bad idea - nothing fits right and I need to return it all). Wesley was so so good through all of that! Then we went to lunch with Grandma and Grandpa P.

It was after lunch that the toddler magic kicked in. Wesley and I got in the car to go to Grandma and Grandpa's for a little while. I told Wesley where we were going and he shook his head. "I go park. Doggies!" I couldn't believe how clearly he told me what he wanted. I told him that it was too cold to go to the park and that we were going to play at Grandma and Grandpa's. That was ok too.

We beat Grandma and Grandpa to their house, so Wesley and I ran around the front yard a little. All of a sudden he stopped and said, "Hear bird. Tweet tweet." We looked all around and finally found the bird in the tree that Wesley heard. Right after that Wesley decided that he was ready to go inside. He marched up the steps to the door (saying "March, march, march" the whole time) and insisted I ring the doorbell. He just didn't understand that no one was home yet. He kept peeking in the window by the door and wondering why no one was answering.

When Grandma and Grandpa did get home Wesley swung into full entertainer mode. He played in the pillows (poes), played the piano and ran around. I started crawling around the floor pretending to be a lion. I'd roar and stalk him, then pounce and tickle him. I was a little worried he was scared at first, because he wedged himself between Grandpa's chair and the coffee table. I worried for nothing though because after I pounced the first time, Wesley shrieked "AGAIN!" When I finally got tired of being a lion, Wesley took over. He'd crawl around and say roar. That's the second time I've really seen Wesley pretend and it still astounds me. We showed off our lion skills to Daddy tonight. He was properly impressed. What can I say, but "Roar!"

No comments: