We bought Wesley a potty yesterday. It's not that we really want to start potty training, but he hates getting his diaper changed so much, that we figure it can't hurt to introduce the potty. The plan is not to make a big push towards potty training, but to sit him on the potty a couple times a day when we are changing his diaper, or getting him dressed (wake up, get dressed, bedtime).
Wesley woke up with a dry diaper this morning, so I figured it would be a good time to visit the potty. After a minute of sitting there talking, there was a tinkle. I was pretty excited, but Wesley looked at me and said "Oh-no!" He thought he had done something wrong! "Not oh-no. YAY!!!" I told him and said what a good job he did. I took a moment to do the necessary clean up and Wesley helped me reassemble the potty.
Now, I'm not fooling myself that he is really ready to potty train, or that it is going to be a snap when that time comes. I'm just happy he "met" the potty successfully once!
No comments:
Post a Comment