Everybody say "Yay!" Cathy closed on her condo today!!! We spent this evening helping her move a bedroom set into the new place. I had the job of keeping Sho and Kai and Wesley out of the way. Luckily that was very easy. The new condo has a HUGE hill next to it and we ran up and down the hill until we were all out of breath. The boys spent the rest of the time running in circles in the empty living room. I felt so sorry for the people next door because they sounded like a herd of elephants - thank goodness Cathy got a end unit.
I really let Wesley rough and tumble around with Sho and Kai - something I haven't really done before. They ran and tackled and rolled around and hugged each other. Yes, I was a little worried about Wesley since he is quite a bit younger than the other two, but he did great. Plus his "cousins" really like him and don't want to hurt him. If I asked them to stop doing something or to let Wesley up, they did immediately. Of course, my favorite part was not them playing, but when Kai decided he was Wesley's babysitter. He held on to the back of Wesley's shirt whenever Wesley started to walk away, so he could go too. Kai would also hold Wesley's hand and lead him around the new place.
After all the furniture was moved we went out to eat to celebrate. Duane was easily the most popular grown up to the kids. Kai even refused to have Cathy help him with his coat, he wanted "Uncle" to do it. Duane had to hold Sho and Kai's hands as we went into the restaurant too. We ate at Cheeseburger in Paradise because we figured it would be very kid friendly. Wesley was QUITE impressed with the decor. As soon as we walked in the door, Wesley stopped in his tracks and said, "Oooohhhhh!"
It was a long day, since we didn't get home until 9:45 (and yes, Wesley was still awake), but we had a lot of fun and we are so happy for Cathy and boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment