Sunday, February 04, 2007

Random Thoughts

1) I knew that having a little boy was going to expose me to a certain amount of grossness. It goes along with being a boy. Wesley already thinks burps are hilarious, but I didn't think I'd be telling my 17 month old to stop picking his nose!

2) Remember that post about Prairie Dawn's nose? Well, it started an avalanche of comments on my friend Kate's blog. Duane asked that I air his children's show complaint. On "Blues Clues", why is Blue (who is blue) a girl? Shouldn't she be pink? Also, Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper have a little boy named Cinnamon, which Duane firmly believes is a girls name - funny, I always thought it was a spice. Of course, we just a had a discussion on whether Linny on "Wonder Pets" is a girl or a boy. I say girl, he says boy. Anyone care to weigh in?

4 comments:

Laura said...

I'm thinking that we're all watching too much Noggin - but sometimes the shows are so worthwhile and timely when we all need a little sit-down break.

I think that you should pose your Prairie Dawn question to the producers of Sesame Street. I'd be interested to hear why they thought to forego giving her a nose!

As far as Duane's stand on his issues with "Blue" being a girl - Eric has asked the very same question why she isn't pink. And it's hard to argue with why and how "Cinnamon" got his name. Cinnamon wouldn't have been my first instinct if I were Mrs. Salt.

Let's talk about how catchy the tune from Wonder Pets is. One of the magistrates from work had a visit from her one year old granddaughter and came back to work singing the tune and 3 more moms (myself included)had to join in. I always thought that they were saying "Winnie." Try for Winnie and it sounds more girly.
Thanks for the laughs!

Kate said...

So what spice WOULD be masculine? Cayenne? Nutmeg? Ginger? Cardemon? (can you believe I know the names of some spices, cook that I am?)

Laura said...

Dang Kate... impressive!

So, back to Mr.Salt and Mrs. Pepper having a baby... I think that's where Taylor Hicks came from. (salt & pepper!)

And if they're having a baby, shouldn't they be married and have the same last name? Dr. Pepper must be pretty upset about the affair!

Heather said...

I needed that early morning laugh! You ladies make my day!