Friday, September 27, 2013

The One Time I Don't Want to Go Shopping.

Yesterday I received the official word that my beloved swagger wagon is no more. It's being totaled out. I guess I'm not surprised since I was hit pretty hard.




On the upside, we are getting more for the van than we were expecting. On the downside, I'm not sure how we're going to swing much of a car payment. Of course, one has to go car shopping in order to have a car payment and that's one more thing I'm not sure how we're going to work out. 

Things are really busy right now. I'm off today, but I need to go do a last check for personal belongings in the van, go get a paper title and get it notarized, go buy Wesley's Scout stuff (because the store is only open incredibly unfriendly hours), go to Target, and take Wesley to a birthday party tonight. 

I work tomorrow and Sunday.

Monday evening is Scouts, Tuesday and Wednesday nights are eaten up with soccer, Thursday Duane and I are heading out of town and won't get home until sometime Friday. Friday night the boys are in a parade. I work next Saturday and the Scout camp out is that night. Sunday we have small group and auditions for the Christmas musical after church. Then the whole scout and soccer routine begins again.

So in short, because of the accident, I have to carve out time I can't spare to spend money I don't have. Awesome.

I shouldn't complain though. It's a pain and an inconvenience, but we're not dealing with hospitals or funerals from this. I just need to try and keep things in perspective. 

No comments: