Friday, September 13, 2013

Our Fall Routine

I am kind of a Type A person. I once took a personality test and the results came back that I am perfectionist, well, I didn't like those results so I took the test again. True story.

I claim to want to be surprised and to be spontaneous, but it's all a lie. I keep three calendars, plan trips out MONTHS in advance (including what we need to pack and where we will be eating), and nearly always have at least one back up plan for most projects/situations. Not knowing what to pack on a trip will send me into a tailspin, which is why Duane always tells me where we are going on any "surprise" getaways we take. Oh! And changing a restaurant on me at the last minute will make me anxious because I'll have switch what I'm going to order in my mind.

I'm not telling you all this to make me sound psycho. I'm telling you this so you'll understand that I thrive on routine.

After our crazy summer, I have been craving getting into our fall routine. I've been looking forward to knowing what's going to be going on each day of the week. However, it's kind of been one of those "be careful what you ask for" things.

Here's our "normal" fall weekly routine:
     Monday: Cub Scouts
     Tuesday: Ryan's soccer practice
     Wednesday: Wesley's soccer practice
     Thursday: free evening
     Friday: free evening
     Saturday: Ryan's soccer game and Wesley's soccer game
     Sunday: Ryan's choir, Sunday School/Church, Wesley's choir

That doesn't look so bad, does it? It looks completely sane and do-able, right? Well, note that I said that was our "normal" schedule. It doesn't take into account things like PTA meetings, mission projects, school open house, teacher conferences, haircuts, small group meetings at church, playdates, birthday parties, random special events and the weekends I work. 

Still, "normal" crazy feels a lot better than "life or death/totally out of control" crazy. This kind of crazy I can deal with.

No comments: