Last night Wesley and Ryan were playing upstairs together before bed. Wesley came hurrying downstairs and announced to Duane and myself, "I told Ryan what a crush is and he says he has a crush on (girl's name)."
Duane immediately told Wesley that he was not to tell (girl's name) or any of his friends about Ryan's crush."That's his business and he can tell people if he wants to."
Then Ryan came downstairs and Wesley again said, "He says he has a crush on (girl's name)."
"I don't blame you," Duane told Ryan. "(Girl's name) is smart and really fun. She's cute too." Can I just say how much I love that Duane put "smart" and "fun" before "cute"? I think it sets such a good precedent for the boys.
A little while later I asked Wesley what exactly he told Ryan about crushes.
"I told him it's when your heart is full of love for someone and you want to be around them all the time," Wesley replied. Actually, that's not a bad description.
When Ryan and I were alone I said, "So (girl's name), huh? She's pretty special. But do you have a crush on her, or is she your best friend? I thought you two were buddies."
"She's my best girlfriend and I just love her so much! She makes my heart happy," he explained.
Sounds like the Heart Melter may have met his match - someone who melts his heart like he melts mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment