Today was almost as crazy as Saturday was. We got moving this morning and went to church. It was kind of a big morning for the W. family there. Duane and I volunteered to teach Sunday School one Sunday a month in the three year old class and today was our debut as teachers. It was also "move up Sunday" when boys and girls switch Sunday School classes. Wesley's class is Kindergarten and first grade so he stayed where he was, but Ryan got to move to the 4 and 5 year old room, which is upstairs with the big kids.
Let's just say one of the events went well and one didn't. Any guesses which was which?
Ryan had NO interest in moving up today. As soon as he saw his new room he crawled under a table and refused to come out. I don't understand it. He does so well at preschool and it's not like he didn't know any kids in his new room. I've decided to chalk it up to too much excitement last night, but I just didn't have time to deal with it this morning. Duane and I let him come down to our class with us. He still spent most of the time sitting in a corner, but at least he wasn't embarrassing me in another class.
I think Duane and I did a pretty bang up job with the three year olds. We had nine kids (including Ryan) and got through the story, the crafts, and snack. Not too bad!
I had to work this afternoon. Normally Sundays drag on and on and on, but today actually went really quickly. I had one patron that just cracked me up. She was 79 years old (she told me) and came to desk asking for "that book everyone is reading. You know, 50 Shades of Grey." I told her there was a wait list for the book, but offered to add her to it. "How many thousands of people are on it?" she asked. I think she was surprised when I said she be number 240 on the list. As I was placing the reserve for her she laughed and said, "Bunch of horny old people! I've had 43 boyfriends since I left my husband during the Regan years. People think I've slept with all of them, but I haven't!" WOW!! Really lady? This is the kind of random thing you tell the poor, unsuspecting librarian on a Sunday afternoon??
After work we headed back to church for the annual picnic. Our friends joined us this year and I think all the boys had a great time. Ryan left with barbecue sauce and chocolate on his face, dirt on his hands and scrapes all over his shoes. That pretty much equals tons of fun when you're four, right? Between that and the hog roast last night, I'm really glad Duane was in charge of bath time. I'd hate to see how dirty that water was!
No comments:
Post a Comment