Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bits and Pieces(So to Speak)

Ryan has a new trick he likes to do. He likes to hold an adults hands and essentially walk up their legs until he flips over backwards. He'll do this over and over and over. Last weekend he made his Uncle Kirk, our friend Ray and Duane all "do flips" with him - and just about every time we had to tell Ryan to be careful where he stepped because he didn't want to hurt any one's private parts.

"You mean their penis?" he asked.

Yes, Ryan. Exactly.

Yesterday I was helping Ryan "do flips."  After his third flip he turned to me and said, "Sorry Mom. I didn't mean to step on your penis." Um....time for an anatomy lesson?

In somewhat related news, I have now been inside the men's room at our local Target.  We made a quick stop there after soccer tonight and, of course, both boys had to go to the bathroom. I let them go into the men's room together with strict instructions not to talk to anyone except each other.

Now the good thing about Wesley in this situation is that the child never stops talking, so I can stand outside the door and hear his (and Ryan's) non stop chatter and know things are alright. But the boys were pretty darn loud, so I cracked the door open a little bit and yelled, "Wesley and Ryan! You are too loud! Finish up and come on out." I closed the door and heard the sink running so I figured they were done. Imagine my surprise (and embarrassment) when a college guy came out instead.

Oops.

After he left I cracked the door again. "Guys! Hurry up!" They assured me that they were, so I shut the door again. A few moments later another guy entered the restroom. I could still hear my boys chattering away to each other and I could tell Wesley was starting to get annoyed with his little brother. The guy walked out of the restroom and said to me, "There's no one else in there and I think your little guy might need some help." 

So into the men's room I went. Apparently Ryan's underpants had gotten stuck on his soccer cleats (don't ask) so I had to do a little untangling. Ah, the glamorous side of being a mom to two boys.

No comments: