I may have been a mean mommy the other day, but it turns out that I can also be total pushover when it comes to my children. I try to tow the line and be firm but sometimes those blue eyes and smiles just dissolve my resolve and I can't help but give in.
We have started talking about Halloween costumes in our house. Wesley has been saying for months that he wants to be Hulk and Ryan hasn't really mentioned anything in particular he wants to be. I took this to be a good thing. After all, in the basement we have a size 4 Batman costume, a size 4 bee costume, a size 4 pirate costume and a size 4 spider costume. Ryan wears a size 4, so it would make sense to have Ryan chose one of those costumes, right? Right. He hasn't been thrilled with this idea, but I thought if I just stood firm, he'd give in.
Yeah, I stood firm alright. All the way to Target where we picked up Wesley's costume. Yes, I am aware that it isn't even October yet, but I have a fear of the stores running out of Wesley's size and us having to pay more to buy it online.
Anyhow, we were at Target and I showed Wesley two costumes: Hulk and one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. TMNT has become a recent fascination with the boys, so I thought it might be a winner. Oh, it was a winner, just not with Wesley. Ryan saw the costume and turned those baby blues on me.
"Oh, please can I be Leonardo for Halloween? PLEASE?"
I was powerless. TMNT costume purchased. Mommy officially a sucker.
No comments:
Post a Comment