Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sharing the Success

Ryan was playing Angry Birds on the iPad while we drove to school yesterday. Wesley was watching him and giving unsolicited "helpful" big-brotherly advice as Ryan played.  They were bound and determined to beat this one particular board, but were having no luck. When we got to Wesley's school, he hopped out of the van, wished Ryan luck on the game and said, "I'll help you with it after school."

As Ryan and I continued up the street, I heard a triumphant yell from the back seat.

"I did it, Mom!! I beat this board all by myself!"

I congratulated Ryan and assumed that was the end of it.

"Mom, what's Wesley's phone number?" Ryan asked.

"Wesley's phone number is the same as yours," I told him.

"No. I mean, what's his phone number right now? I want to call him and tell him I beat that board all by myself."

"Ryan, you can't call Wesley now. He's at school," I reminded him.

Ryan thought for a second, "Well, can you call him at school then?"

Yes, I'm sure the school would love for me to call them, and pull my son out of class just to tell him that his little brother beat a board on Angry Birds.

"Why don't we just tell him after school?" I suggested.

"I guess that will work too," Ryan agreed.

Thank goodness.

No comments: