Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Oh Brother!

The other morning while I was getting Wesley ready for school, Ryan did something (I don't remember what) and Wesley said an exasperated "Brothers!"

"Tell me about it," I said. "Brothers can be a pain!"

"You have brother?" Wesley asked.

"Yep. Uncle Kirk is my brother."

Wesley considered this then said, "Well, what did he used to do to you?"

"He used to hit me and chase me and wouldn't let me play with his friends and once he ripped the arm off my doll!"

Wesley came up and hugged me and said, "If you have some fabric glue, I'll fix your doll for you."
How sweet is that?

What I didn't tell Wesley was that as much as Kirk and I fought and as much as I sometimes believed we'd NEVER get along, I don't know what I'd do without my big bother - oops! I mean "brother". Kirk is so good to me, Duane and the boys. I love hanging out with him and Susan and can't imagine not having him in my life. I'm really lucky to have a brother like Kirk, and I hope Wesley and Ryan feel the same way about each other some day.

1 comment:

Chey said...

Take it all went well yesterday. Oh and hey I actually posted on my blog twice in the last few days.

Miss you