Thursday, March 04, 2010

Random Welsey Stuff


This morning I accidentally stepped on Sander's paw while I was hurrying around, trying to get the boys ready. I apologized profusely to the cat, but apparently I should have been apologizing to Wesley. He nagged me about stepping on Sanders so much that you would have thought I did it on purpose. Wesley nagged me as we left the house, in the car AND ratted me out to Grandma. Don't cross this kid!

____________________________________________

Wesley and I got in an argument on the way home about whether or not "wid" was a word. Wesley has trouble with his "L" sounds, so they sound like "W". We are working with him on it and he can make the correct sound when he thinks about it. He was trying to say "lid," but it kept coming out "wid." When I pointed this out to him he sighed a HUGE sigh and said, "Mom, it IS a word. I think I know what I'm talking about!"

___________________________________________

When we pull off the freeway near our house there is a big sign that tells the name of our neighborhood. Wesley looks for it every day. Today we started talking about neighborhood names. Wesley asked the name of Aunt Susan's neighborhood and I told him. Then he asked about Grandma H.'s neighborhood, so I told him. Then he asked about Aunt Cathy's neighborhood. Most of you know that Aunt Cathy moved here from Taiwan. I told Wesley the name of her neighborhood and he said, "But Mom, that's not Chinese!"

No comments: