Last night after a less than relaxing dinner with the boys and my in-laws (the boys were WOUND!), we went to Family Fun Night. We recently splurged with our tax refund and bought a family membership at the community center in the suburb where I work.
There was open gym and family swimming. We passed on the swimming (maybe we'll go tomorrow) but headed into the gym set up for preschoolers and toddlers. Wesley spent several minutes tearing around the room exclaiming how much fun it all was. He tried the slide and the see-saw and the balls and just ran until his little heart was content. Ryan played on the slide for a few minutes, then discovered the basketballs and hoops. He spent most of the time we were there getting Duane to shoot baskets with him.
I also discovered what will be a minor hazard of having a membership there. I know so many people in that community, at least by sight. In the preschool/toddler gym alone I recognized three families from the library, plus another woman I went to middle school with. She and I chatted for a while. It was a little strange that we both recognized each other at the same time.
There was a beautiful little blond girl there that attached herself to me. She played instruments with me and the boys, played on the slide and wanted to show me all the things she could do. It was very sweet. I don't think she could have cared less about the boys, as long as I talked to her. I talked to her mom for a little bit, but Blondie didn't like it my attention was elsewhere. I did learn she was 2. When we were leaving, Wesley - as Cooper the Cat - went over to Blondie and told her he loved her, which surprised the heck out of me, since he barely said two words to her all night. But like I said, she was beautiful!
We plan to go back to community center for swimming, a craft and snack with the Easter Bunny, and an Easter Egg hunt - all taking place this week! I have a feeling this membership may be a very good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment