unless you are Wesley, then the name of this post should be "The Great Big Hairy Spider".
This morning started out really well. The boys and I were in the van and making good time on the way to Grandma's. The sun was shining, a CD was playing, when suddenly a blood curdling scream emitted from the back seat. Now I don't know about you, but nothing gets my heart pumping like the sound of one of my children screaming in horror.
"What is the problem!?" I snapped.
"There's a spider!" Wesley screamed.
Sure enough there was teeny little spider crawling on the headrest of the passenger seat. Now I'm not going to lie to you and say that I have any kind of fondness for spiders, but this was really small and not harming a thing.
"Squish it!" Wesley demanded.
"I'm not going to squish it. I'm driving and it's not hurting anything. In fact, I think it just wanted to ride with us so it could listen to some songs."
Wesley thought about this for a second then said (in a MUCH calmer voice) "I think you're right. He does like the songs. And then he's going to eat a little bowl of tiny spaghetti and meatballs."
Um....ooookaaaay...if it keeps him from screaming about the spider I'll say they eat spaghetti and meatballs. No problem. Lucky for us it must have been quick eater because Wesley then reported that the spider got in "his tiny car" and drove away. Good riddance I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment