Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Coming Soon to a Library Near You (Maybe)

Wesley REALLY didn’t want to get up and get moving yesterday. Big surprise. All weekend he woke up on his own at 7:00, but once the work week starts, I have to drag him out of bed at that time. Sigh.

Anyhow, Wesley asked if he could just stay home by himself instead of going anywhere. I told him no because he was just a little boy and if I left him home by himself, I’d get into a LOT of trouble and maybe even go to jail. He frowned for a moment then he said, “I know! I could go to work with you!” I had to tell him that no, he couldn't because I had to do work and wouldn't be able to play with him or read to him. I offered to I’d ask Grandpa to bring him to the library later, but Wesley sighed a big sigh and said, “No. Grandpa doesn’t know where the library is.” Yeah right, kid.

Wesley may not have gone to the library, but he did spend a lot of time working on another book with Grandma P. I think it might be his best one yet. He drew an animal for each letter of the alphabet and Grandma wrote out the text - except for the sentence for letter X. Wesley did that one all by himself. Maybe I'll be buying books for the library written by my boy someday.

No comments: