Last night we put an alarm clock in Wesley's bedroom. I am so tired of he and I fighting every morning when it's time to get up. We hoped that if the alarm clock was waking him instead of Mommy, maybe we could get the morning started off on the right foot. I had an old alarm clock that plays a bunch of Disney songs, so that's what we moved into his room. I told him that when he heard the music play, it would be time to get out of bed.
The alarm went off at 7:00 this morning (I was in the room in case it scared him). Wesley sat up with a big smile on his face. I showed him how to turn the alarm off and he said, "Mommy, you never have to wake me up ever again!" Here's hoping!
___________________________________________________
We've had a run of warm weather this week and it has really made the boys happy. They are both little outdoors men - although I'm not sure where that comes from because Duane and I are more of the couch potato variety. Anyhow, warmer weather means short sleeves which could be a big problem for Ryan. He HATES short sleeves. When you put a onsie on him under his clothes, he pulls on the sleeves and cries until you get his long sleeved shirt on. Today I dressed him in jeans and a t-shirt. He just about had a fit until I put a button up shirt over it.
__________________________________________________
Warm weather also means that the boys want to be outside every waking moment - especially Ryan. Today we pulled into Grandma and Grandpa H's driveway at 7:45 AM. Wesley walked up the porch steps to the front door, but Ryan walked straight to the garage door and pointed. He knew all the outside toys were in there. When I told him we weren't playing outside just then, he laid down on the driveway by the garage door and refused to move. I had to let Wesley in the house, drop their stuff and go out to get Ryan. I have never met such a stubborn little kid! What are we going to do when the weather turns cold again next week?
No comments:
Post a Comment