Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sunny Saturday Split-Up

Duane and I did something kind of weird for us today. We did separate things, each taking one kid. I took Ryan to get the sunroof fixed, go to Target and out to lunch with someone, while Duane to Wesley to a parade and to the grocery store. It was strange to split up to do different things when we were both off work. I'm still trying to decide if I liked it.

Ryan did really well while we ran all of our errands. I decided to leave the baby seat in the car at Target and just carry Ryan in. It was the first time he has sat in the cart without being in his baby seat. HE LOVED IT!!! He kept laughing (especially if I went fast) and looked around and tried to grab things. It was like a whole new world for him.

Now as much fun as Ryan and I had, I think Duane got the better end of the deal. Not that the grocery store is super exciting, but the parade was pretty cool. Grandpa P. drove one of the Clippers players in the parade, so Duane and Wesley spent most of their time watching for him. But Wesley did end up with a baseball, an American flag and got to hear a marching band play "Take Me Out to the Ball Game."

It's too bad Wesley's day didn't keep going that well. He stepped on his plastic tool box (trying to use it as a stool) and his foot went through it. I didn't realize he actually hurt himself until he was still complaining about it half and hour later. Closer inspection showed a decent sized cut on his foot. Duane cleaned it up and put some Diego band-aids on it so it ought to start feeling better soon. At least you can't say our weekends are dull.

No comments: