After being home with Ryan the last two days, I have learned one more way in which he is like his big brother. Ryan hates to be told no. It doesn't matter if you are just saying it in a gentle, but firm voice, he hates it.
Scene #1: Ryan ripped a page out of one of Wesley's books (thank goodness it was an end page so maybe Wesley won't notice.) I looked at Ryan and said, "Ryan Kenneth. No. We do not rip pages out of books." Ryan looked at me with his big blue eyes and reached for the book again. "Ryan. Mommy said no." All of a sudden his little bottom lip popped out and he started crying.
Scene #2: Ryan tipped over the little trash can in the bathroom. "Ryan. No. Do not play in the trash. No." Same response from Ryan - lip out, tear falling.
I guess I should try to be positive and tell myself that at least he knows what "no" means. Instead, I just see another willful toddler to be - just like his brother was!
No comments:
Post a Comment