Thursday, April 30, 2009

Feed Me!

I love this stage of baby/toddlerdom. We're at the stage where Ryan really wants to eat. If it's edible (and sometimes even if it's not) he'll eat it! The only thing we've given him that he hasn't really liked is baby food turkey, and if you've ever smelled that stuff you'd understand why!

At his dr. appointment the other day, Dr. M. said we could give Ryan anything he wanted as long as it wasn't peanut butter, shellfish, eggs or honey. Last night Ryan sampled some of caramel ice cream. After the first bite he darn near attacked me while trying to get some more. We had the same reaction tonight with mashed potatoes and gravy. I think I might have gotten two bites of my potatoes and he ate the rest.

Sigh. I remember when Wesley was an adventurous eater. He'd eat almost anything too, but now it's the standard preschooler's diet. At least he throws in cottage cheese, dried peas and baby food prunes for some variety. And he'll still eat goat cheese, so I guess all hope is not lost. Maybe Wesley will try some new things if he sees Ryan eating them. Hummmm.....curry anyone?

No comments: