Today Wesley folded his hands in front of him and said, "This is the way we pray. See, Mom. I remember!"
"You're right Wesley. That is the way we pray," I said. "Do you remember what we say when we are done praying?"
Wesley replied, "We say 'Amen' and then something good happens."
I was smiling away, so proud of Wesley grasping the concept of church. I should have known better...
"Yep, something good happens," he continued. "We get to go downstairs!" Downstairs is where the nursery is and where he plays after the children's message!
2 comments:
Oh, children and church! The church we went to always invited the kids to walk down in front and sit next to the pulpit for the children's message. I remember one day when I was about four, I decided that I was a horsey, and I galloped on my hands and knees down the aisle from the very last pew, whinnying loudly all the way. My parents were oh so proud.
Been there, done that. But replace horse with cat and you'll have an almost weekly occurance with Wesley.
Post a Comment