Saturday, April 25, 2009

No Creative Title

I couldn't come up with a creative title for today's post. Sorry. I've been up since 5:30 this morning and we've already crammed A LOT into the day!

The boys had swim class again today. I'm learning that swim class is a great bribe! Wesley didn't want to eat any breakfast this morning. I told him he had to eat breakfast if he wanted to have energy to swim, so no breakfast meant no swim class. Boy, he sucked that pancake and bacon down in almost record time! He also "called" his teacher, Miss Kayla, on his toy phone. He asked if she was getting the pool ready for him and Colin, and that he was very excited for class.

Wesley is so excited to have Colin in his class. Kate and Duane sat in the stands and watched those two, while I swam and played with Ryan. I'm so glad we've started Ryan's classes earlier than we did for Wesley. Ryan will actually let me float him on his back and doesn't freak out when he gets water in his face. Water in the face was what they worked on in Wesley and Colin's class today. I guess they did pretty well with it.

I don't have any pictures of the boys in their swimsuits yet, but here are a couple from our unofficial snacktime in the lobby after class.

After class, Wesley decided he'd like to go to the zoo and since it was a beautiful day, we said, "Sure!" That was easier said than done. First of all, Ryan was asleep in the car seat but just as we finished lunch, packing the diaper bag, putting the double seat stroller in the van and trips to the potty, Ryan woke up. So then we had to change and feed him, send Wesley to the bathroom again and apply sunscreen to everyone. THEN we were ready to leave.

We hopped in the car and got on the freeway, only to get stuck in football traffic for OSU's Spring Game. We got through that traffic jam, then hit another one by the exit to the zoo. I think it took us at least twice as long as usual to get to the zoo and Wesley was asleep when we got there. We unloaded everyone and everything from the van and fought the crowds of people to the zoo entrance. It was nice, but really crowded! I think we were only there a little over an hour before Wesley started saying that he wanted to go home. Thank goodness for zoo memberships. We threw in the towel and decided to try another day.

I know it looks like I only took pictures of Ryan at the zoo, but Wesley gets funny about having his picture taken sometimes. And yes, Ryan is wearing two different hats. The ball cap wouldn't stay on, so we bought a bucket hat at the zoo.


Ryan might have one the battle of the still pictures, but I did catch Wesley singing along to a CD on the way home. The audio on this isn't great, but he's singing along to the song, "Henrietta's Hair" by Justin Roberts.

We're spending the rest of the day trying to recover from the morning. I straightened up the house, while Duane and Wesley went to do the grocery shopping. Ryan used some baby wipes to help me clean in the living room. Then we spent a little time playing in the caterpillar tunnel. Although, if I'm completely honest, I'd say that Ryan spent time chasing Sanders in the caterpillar tunnel.

Plans for the rest of the night? Make dinner and collapse on the couch with a good book!

1 comment:

Laini Taylor said...

I loved swimming lessons as a kid! My mom started us in the water as babies, and I could *swim* before I could walk. Loved those Red Cross classes later on, though, hours in the pool. And of course: the zoo = the best. Sounds like a good day!