Thursday, July 23, 2015

Last Day of Being Six


I can't believe this is the last night I will be the mom to a six year old. He's growing up way too fast. For some reason I get mushier about Ryan's birthdays than I do with Wesley's. I think it's because Ryan is the youngest and everything is "the last" with him. All I'm saying, is be prepared for lots of sappiness out of me this weekend. 

Right now I'm kind of bumming that Ryan isn't going to be able to spend his birthday with his grandparents. Wesley has the beginnings of a summer cold (complete with stuffiness, headache and sore throat) and we do not want to risk Grandpa P. getting sick again like he did when I was in New York. So, the birthday boy will be stuck with me tomorrow. Hopefully Wesley will feel well enough that we can do a couple of fun things

In other Ryan news, we spotted a rat as we were walking to the park this evening. We live in a very nice neighborhood, but our area and the suburb to the north have had a lot of rats in the past few years - possibly due to all the bird feeders everywhere. Ryan saw the rat dart into the bushes as we were walking and said, "Aw, isn't he cute?"  This kid love animals a little too much.

No comments: