Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Myrtle Beach Vacation Recap - Day Five

By now it's safe to say we had established our routine. The boys and I had breakfast on the balcony, we went down to the beach until lunch, then hit the pool after lunch. The only big difference on this day was that Wesley's pouting fit about "having" to go to the beach instead of work on his books only lasted half an hour. This was also the day we realized we were going through sunscreen at the rate of a bottle a day for a family of four! Yes, we are pasty white Ohioans, but at least none of us were getting sunburned.

For dinner we drove to Calabash, NC to a restaurant we like.  The grown ups all enjoyed fish, while the boys ate chicken nuggets. Sigh.





Rodney! Duane and I call all seagulls "Rodney"

From the dock outside the restaurant

Rodney again


There are a couple of great gift shops in Calabash too. Ryan was determined to spend his money on some sunglasses, despite the fact that he had two pairs already! We couldn't talk him out of the sunglasses, but did manged to talk him out of the $20 pair and into the $10 ones.

The Grumpy Cat keyring Duane bought me

Ryan in his new shades

Grandma and Grandpa headed back to the condo after dinner and we headed off to what had by this time become our nightly routine of mini golf and ice cream.








Even though I've got my prince, I had to kiss the frog


Sea serpent photobomb!



All the mini golf we were playing was really paying off too. Duane and Wesley each got multiple holes in one and Ryan managed one as well. Poor ol' Mom was the only one who didn't get one. The kids were really worried I'd be upset by that, but I told that our nightly ice cream would cheer me right up. What didn't cheer me up was Ryan saying that we should dig a bunch of holes all over our backyard so we could practice mini golf whenever we wanted. But as one of my friends said, at least he asked before he just went out it and did it, right?

No comments: