Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Myrtle Beach Vacation Recap - Day Eight

This marked our last full day of vacation, so we made sure we did all our favorite things - beach, Italian ice, pool, mini-golf, ice cream. Big surprise, right?





 


Grandpa hid some coins in the sand (without telling the kids) and let the boys use the metal detector to find them. Ryan was particularly taken with this activity.



After lunch, Duane arranged for he and I to go para-sailing. I've always wanted to try it, but I'm afraid of heights and wasn't sure I could do it. We found a place that would let us go up together and since that's the only way I was going to be able to even attempt to do it, that's what we did.

Ready to go - I'm totally faking being brave here

On the banana boat that took us to the actual boat
Ready for take off


I had no time to be scared, we were up in the air before I knew it.

And I LOVED it! It was sitting in a swing, and so very peaceful. I'm only sad it took me so long to try it

If you look real closely, you can see us smooching

A quick dip before landing back in the boat
After dinner we went for our nightly golf game and off to buy some last minute souveniers.


This shark didn't cause us any problems

The octopus, however, was another story




This little frog could have sat on a dime. We saw a ton of them



Beautiful sunset

Ryan HAD to get a turtle hat to match his brother. He wanted one so very badly, we even let him borrow against his upcoming allowance to get it.



Unfortunately, we got back to the condo we realized Ryan's new sunglasses that he had purchased that week were missing. We decided not to talk about it too much, hoping he'd forget about them. Think it worked? Read the next post to find out.

No comments: