Tonight we celebrated Mayndy Thursday at church. I love Holy Week and especially Good Friday service. I like feeling the build up and the tragedy of Jesus dying on the cross so that Easter really resonates with joy. Tonight our church did something a little different. We celebrated the Last Supper as the Passover meal that it was and had an abbreviated Seder.
I wasn't sure how the boys would do with it, and, while it was a little long for them, I'm really glad they got the chance to experience it. They helped find the leavened bread and removed it from the church. They searched for hidden matzo and got a chocolate coin as a prize. They sampled each of the Passover foods (yes, even the herbs dipped in salt water and the horseradish) and drank their four glasses of grape juice. Wesley even illustrated all the important people from the readings on a piece of paper.
It was an unusual, but informative night and I'm so glad we got share it as a family.


No comments:
Post a Comment